What is CSCS
CSCS cards show that the holder has the competence to carry out their work productively & safely. The job you do will determine how you need to demonstrate your competence & which type of CSCS card you require.
Most contractors & construction clients insist that workers on their sites hold the appropriate CSCS card for the work they undertake.
CSCS is administered under the CITB.
What card do you need?
To find out which card is right for you click here. Please note, should you require the Green Labourers card (replaced Green Operative on 1st July 2014) you must have either an NVQ or an accepted Health and Safety Qualification. If you do not have either of these, you will need to complete the one day Site Safety Plus course which we can offer.
Similarly, should you require the Supervisors or Managers card, you will be required to have achieved an acceptable NVQ.
List of tests available
Here is a list of the tests that we have available at our premises:
- HS & E test for operatives
- HS & E test for managers and professionals
- HS & E test for supervisory specialists
- HS & E test for demolition specialists
- HS & E test for plumbing and gas specialists
- HS &E test for highway works specialists
- HS &E test for working at height specialists
- HS &E test for lift and escalator specialists
- HS &E test for tunnelling specialists
- HVACR domestic heating & plumbing specialists
- HVACR pipefitting & welding specialists
- HVACR ductwork specialists
- HVACR refrigeration and air conditioning specialists
- HVACR services & facilities specialists
- CPCS Renewal
- Triple Bar Nuclear
When can I sit the test?
You pick the time & date that best suits you to complete the test, before completing the Booking Form please ring the office to confirm the time you want is still available.
We suggest that all delegates take a look at the CSCS website prior to attending the test to ensure they meet the required criteria. It is also recommended that delegates revise before sitting the test, more details on the revision materials available can be found here.
CITB have also developed an app that you can download to your smartphone, click here to find out more.
The CITB Youtube page has two videos they recommend you watch prior to sitting the test:
Setting Out Video:
Behavioural Case Studies:
Booking a test
To book a CSCS test you must complete the registration form and return it to us prior to sitting the test. Go to our Downloads page and take a look at the Joining Instructions where you can find the relevant forms.